- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 30 mins freezing
- Effort: easy
- 1 vanilla pods
- 250 ml milk
- 175 g caster sugar
- 750 ml double cream
- 10 eggs, yolks
- 6 tbsp orange marmalade
Tips and Suggestions
This is great served with seasonal fresh berries or fab with a toasted croissant and some hot chocolate sauce
1. Split the vanilla pod in half lengthways and remove the seeds. Place the milk, vanilla seeds and pod, caster sugar and the cream in a pan and bring to the boil.
2. In a separate bowl whisk the egg yolks. When the cream mixture has boiled pour the mixture slowly on to the eggs whisking all the time. Return to the pan and mix quickly until the mixture has thickened. Pass through a sieve.
3. Place the mixture into an ice cream machine and churn until the ice cream is nearly set.
4. Add the marmalade and continue to churn.
5. Once frozen, remove the ice cream from the machine into a plastic container and place in the freezer until ready to use.
Rate This Recipe