- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- grated zest of 1 oranges
- 25 g butter
- 1 tbsp icing sugar, sifted
For the fruit salad sauce:
- 1/2 small pineapples, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 banana, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 orange, segmented
- 125 g strawberries, hulled
- 25 g butter
- 1 tbsp orange liqueur
- 1 tbsp brandy
- 2 tbsp whipping cream
1. Preheat the grill to medium.
2. To make the fruit salad sauce, mix together the pineapple, banana, orange segments and strawberries.
3. Heat the butter in a heavy-based frying pan. Add the pineapple and banana, frying for around 3 minutes.
4. Add the orange liqueur and the brandy and cook briefly. Add the orange segments, strawberries and cream and warm through.
5. Whisk the egg whites with the caster sugar, until light and fluffy, then fold in the egg yolks and the orange zest.
6. In a separate heavy-based frying pan heat the butter. Add the whisked egg mixture and fry until golden brown on the underside.
7. Transfer the omelette in its pan to the grill and cook briefly until the top is golden.
8. Fold the omelette in half and dust with icing sugar.
9. Place the omelette in the centre of a warm serving plate, pour the fruit salad sauce around it and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe