- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- black pepper, to taste
- 250 g orecchiette pasta
- 400 g fresh broad beans
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g Neapolitan salami, sliced
- 100 g pecorino cheese, (Pecorino Romano, if available) grated
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the orecchiete and cook until al dente, around 10-15 minutes. Drain.
2. Meanwhile bring a separate pan of salted water to the boil. Add the broad beans and boil for 7-8 minutes, until tender. Drain, plunge into cold water and slip off the tough outer skin off each individual bean.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and fry until golden. Add the drained broad beans and the salami.
4. Fry, stirring now and then, until the salami is crispy. Mix in the orecchiete, mixing well, and cook for 1-2 minutes, seasoning with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Sprinkle the grated Pecorino over the pasta mixture and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe