- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 g orecchiette pasta
- 5 courgette flowers, split in half lengthways
- 5 bulbs baby fennel, sliced
- 1/2 bulbs fennel, sliced paper thin (ideally using a mandoline)
- 2 white peaches, sliced into chunks
- 10 sprigs watercress
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- drizzle olive oil, to taste
- 200 g goats curd, (alternatively use goats' cheese)
- 1 punnet shiso leaves, (also called perilla leaves), to serve
1. Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling, salted water according to packet instructions (about 8 minutes for al dente). Drain well and set aside.
2. Blanch the courgette flowers in a pan of boiling water for 6 seconds and then cool in a bowl of ice water. Drain.
3. Combine the courgette flowers, baby fennel, fennel, peaches and watercress in a salad bowl and season with salt.
4. Drizzle over the sherry vinegar and add the drained hot pasta and olive oil, to taste. Spread the goats curd (or cheese) in the centre of two serving plates. Arrange the salad on top and scatter over the shiso leaves to garnish. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe