- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 chicken breasts
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the sauce:
- 1 tsp butter
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 275 ml dry white wine
- 400 ml dark chicken stock
For the vegetables:
- 2 medium carrots, diagonally sliced
- 2baby leeks, diagonally sliced
- 3 baby turnips, diagonally sliced
- 1½ tsp chervil, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof pan and gently fry the chicken on both sides, skin side first, until coloured.
2. Set the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Transfer the chicken to the oven and roast, skin side down, for 8-10 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the oven and leave to rest for 2 minutes.
3. To make the sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat and gently fry the shallots and garlic until softened.
4. Add the white wine and simmer, until reduced by half. Next add the dark chicken stock and reduce until the liquid reaches a sauce like consistency. Season and strain the sauce through a sieve.
5. Cook the vegetables separately in a steamer for approximately 3 minutes. Season and add the chervil and add the butter.
6. To serve, slice each chicken breast into 5 pieces and place on top of the vegetables. Pour the sauce over the chicken and garnish with chervil.
Rate This Recipe