- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp tom yum paste
- 4 tbsp shredded ginger
- 1 red chilli
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 200 g fine rice noodles
- 1 bunch of coriander, divided into stalks and leaves
- 1 lime leaves
- 6 raw tiger prawns, heads on, peeled
- 6 scallops, shelled
- freshly squeezed juice of 1 limes
1. In a large saucepan bring 1 litre of water to the boil. Stir in 2 tablespoons of tom yum paste until dissolved. Add 2 tablespoons of shredded ginger, the chilli and the lemon grass. Simmer for 5 minutes over a low heat.
2. Meanwhile, bring a separate large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the noodles and cook until tender, around 2-3 minutes. Drain the noodles and place them in a deep serving bowl.
3. Meanwhile, fill the bottom half of a steamer with boiling water. Add the coriander stalks, the remaining ginger and a lime leaf. Place the prawns and scallops in the top half of the steamer and steam them for 3-4 minutes until cooked through.
4. Pour the tom yum soup over the noodles. Add the steamed prawns and scallops and drizzle over the lime juice. Sprinkle with the coriander leaves and serve.
Rate This Recipe