- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the salad
- 2 mango, peeled, stones removed
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 2 ostrich steaks, (225g each)
- vegetable oil, for basting
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 tbsp hazelnut oil, or sesame oil
- 5cm pieces of ginger, grated
- 1/2 red chillies, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 12 mint leaves
1. To make the salad, thinly slice the mangoes and place in a serving bowl with the cucumber slices.
2. Cut the ostrich fillet into slices, brush lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat a griddle pan and fry briefly on both sides. Add to the salad.
3. Whisk the lemon juice with the soy sauce and oils. Add the ginger, chilli and black pepper, and drizzle this dressing over the salad. Gently stir the ingredients together.
4. Scatter over the mint leaves and serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe