- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 16 oysters
- 1 egg
- handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- black pepper
- 50 g '00' flour
- 100 g fine breadcrumbs, dried in the oven
- 6 tbsp Italian olive oil
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chilli oil
- parsley, to garnish
1. Open the oysters, take out the fish and place on a towel to dry.
2. Mix the egg and parsley together and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Take an oyster, dust with flour, dip in the egg mixture and then coat with the breadcrumbs.
3. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and gently fry the oysters on each side for approximately 1 minute.
4. In the meantime prepare the sauce. Heat the chilli olive oil in a saucepan and gently fry the garlic until golden. Add the tomatoes, season and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. To serve, place 4 tablespoons of the sauce in the centre of each of 4 plates and place 4 oysters on top of each. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe