- Serves: Makes enough to fill 1 medium (250ml) Kilner jar
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- few sprigs fresh thyme
- few sprigs fresh rosemary
Tips and Suggestions
You can make a crusty, herby version by blending together some chopped basil and curly parsley, a couple of garlic cloves, a big handful of soft breadcrumbs and a little olive oil. Then press some of the mixture into each halved tomato before putting them in the oven at a higher temperature, around 180C.
If you are not eating all of them immediately, leave the tomatoes to cool and then pack them into a clean Kilner jar with enough good olive oil to cover them. Store in the fridge for 2-3 weeks.
1. Preheat the oven to 110C/90C fan/gas 1/4. Squeeze the tomatoes slightly so that some of their juices come out. Removing some of the moisture will mean they will dry out in the oven quicker.
2. Lay the tomato halves on a baking tray, skin-side down. Season and sprinkle with the sugar and herbs. Put in the preheated oven for 2 hours until they are dry, but still soft.
Rate This Recipe