- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the colcannon
- 600 g boiled potatoes
- 50 g butter
- 5 tbsp milk
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
- 200 g king prawns, peeled
- 5 cookedstreaky bacon, chopped
- 200 g pak choi, lightly blanched
- bunches spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
For the mushrooms
- 50 g butter, softened
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 300 g oyster mushrooms
1. To make the colcannon, boil the potatoes for 20 minutes or so, until soft. Drain and mash with the butter and milk.
2. Mash up the potatoes whilst hot and work in the butter with the milk until creamy.
3. Heat the oil in a wok and fry the prawns, bacon, pak choy, spring onion, and parsley.
4. Stir the mixture into the mashed potato and season to taste. Keep warm.
5. Mix two-thirds of the butter together with the ginger and set aside.
6. Melt the remaining butter in a frying pan and add the mushrooms. Cook for 4 minutes, until golden brown, turning them occasionally.
7. Stir in the gingered butter and immediately remove from the heat.
8. To serve, spoon some of the colcannon into the middle of the plate and top with the gingered mushrooms.
9. Drizzle the buttery pan juices around and serve.
Rate This Recipe