- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the oysters:
- 12 oysters, shucked
- sea salt, for balancing the oysters
- 50 g fresh breadcrumbs
- handful flat leaf parsley
- handful basil
- 2 sticks celery, finely diced
- 2 shallots, finely diced
For the pickle:
- 50 g sugar
- 50 ml white wine vinegar
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 turnip, thinly sliced into julienne strips
- 1/2 cucumber, deseeded and thinly sliced
Tips and Suggestions
If youre unsure of how to shuck oysters, you can get your local fishmonger to do it for you (preferably on the morning that you plan to make the recipe).
1. For the oysters: Preheat the grill.
2. Make 12 small mounds of sea salt on the baking tray, then balance an oyster (on the half shell) on each of the mounds.
3. In a food processor, process the breadcrumbs, parsley, basil, celery and shallots to a fine crumb. Season with salt and pepper. Place a tablespoon on top of each oyster and grill for 5 minutes.
4. For the pickle: Warm together the sugar and vinegar until the sugar has dissolved. Add the vegetables and take off the heat.
5. Serve with the oysters.
Rate This Recipe