- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 12 fresh oysters
For the passion fruit and sesame dressing
- 1 passion fruit, juice only, strained through a sieve
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 lime, juice and grated zest
For the Bloody Mary dressing
- 1 tbsp vodka
- 1/2 tsp tomato puree
- pinch celery salt
- few drops Worcestershire sauce
- splash tabasco
- good squeeze lemon juice
- crushed ice
- lemon wedges
- Champagne or prosecco
1. For the oysters: scrub the oysters clean with a brush under the cold tap.
2. Take one oyster at a time and hold it with a cloth or tea towel, flatter-side up. Insert an oyster knife or clean screwdriver into the pointed tip of the oyster at the hinge, push and twist and the oyster will almost pop open. Be patient as some are easier to open than others.
3. Remove the top shell and gently loosen the oyster so its unattached within the remaining half.
4. For the passion fruit and sesame dressing: Mix everything together along with a pinch of sea salt.
5. For the Bloody Mary dressing: Mix everything together and serve spooned over the oysters.
6. Place the opened oysters on a platter of crushed ice and enjoy straight away with the dressings, lemon wedges and a chilled glass of Champagne or Prosecco.
Rate This Recipe