- Serves: 1-2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 6 rock oysters
- 3 tbsp plus 1 tsp fish stock
- 3 tbsp plus 1 tsp dry white wine
- 3 tbsp plus 1 tsp double cream
- 1 cucumber
- tsp sevruga caviar
1. Prize open the oysters, reserving the juice. Put the oyster meat in a saucepan with the juice. Scrub six half-shells clean and place on a serving platter.
2. Reduce in separate saucepans the fish stock, white wine and double cream. Combine the fish stock and white wine.
3. Peel the cucumber and add the peelings to the fish stock and wine mixture. (Use the cucumber in another recipe.)
4. Pour over reduced cream. Blitz with a hand-held electric blender until reasonably smooth, then strain through a sieve over the oysters.
5. Place the oyster pan over a gentle heat until the oysters are warmed through.
6. Place one oyster in each half-shell.
7. Spoon the sauce over the oysters and garnish with caviar.
Rate This Recipe