- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp light-flavoured oil, such as sunflower
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 150 g pork fillet, sliced
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 300 g Chinese broccoli, (gai larn), chopped, leaves and stems separated, or tenderstem is a good alternative
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 300 g fresh flat rice noodles, cut into 3cm-wide noodles, soaked
- white pepper, freshly ground if possible
- fish sauce
- pickled chillies
Tips and Suggestions
If you cant find fresh rice noodles just use dried and cook them according to packet instructions before you start
1. Heat a wok over a mediumhigh heat. Add the oil and, when hot, stir-fry the garlic. Add the meat and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
2. Add the light and dark soy sauces and the sugar and then stir in the broccoli stems. Cook for 2 minutes, and then make a hole in the middle and crack in the eggs. Cook for a few minutes, scraping the eggs with a spatula every few seconds to break them up.
3. Add the noodles to the wok, using the spatula to move them around and coat them with the sauce, but trying not to break them up.
4. Add the broccoli leaves and cook until tender and bright green.
5. Remove from the heat, season with white pepper and serve with the fish sauce and pickled chilli on the side.
Rate This Recipe