- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 375 g medium dried rice noodles
For the sauce
- 30 ml cup fish sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp tamarind juice
- 30 ml white malt vinegar, or rice wine vinegar
- 25 g sugar
- 30 g preserved ground radishes
For the Pad Thai
- 40 ml vegetable oil, for frying
- 700 g large peeled prawns, with tails on
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 250 g bean sprouts
- 225 g tofu
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 100 g raw peanuts, roasted and finely crushed
- 1 bunchgarlic chives, chopped
- 3 egg omelettes, rolled and shredded
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
1. Soak noodles in hot water until slightly limp; drain and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine fish sauce, soy sauce, tamarind juice, vinegar, sugar, and radish. Stir, then set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add the prawns and paprika. Toss around the pan briefly using wooden spoon, until the prawns are half cooked.
4. Add the bean sprouts, tofu and garlic.
5. Add the cayenne pepper and noodles. Toss to combine.
6. Stir in the sauce mixture until all ingredients are coated.
7. Add the crushed peanuts and garlic chives.
8. When the prawns are just cooked and all the ingredients are heated through, remove from the heat and serve immediately, garnished with shredded omelette and lime wedges.
Rate This Recipe