- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 rabbit, cut into 6 portions
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 100 g chorizo sausages, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp strands saffron
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- 850 ml chicken stock
- 300 ml white wine
- 400 g calasparra rice
- 100 g frozen peas
- 12 tiger prawns
- 15 mussels, scrubbed
- 15 clams, scrubbed
- small bunch of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in frying pan and cook the chicken thighs and rabbit portions until golden brown all over. Transfer them to a plate and set aside. Wipe the pan clean with a little kitchen paper and add the remaining olive oil. Add the chopped onions, red pepper and chorizo slices. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until golden brown.
2. Stir in the garlic, pimenton, saffron, bay leaves and tomatoes.
3. Add the chicken and rabbit pieces and stir in the stock and wine.
4. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
5. Remove the chicken and rabbit pieces and set aside. Add the rice to the pan, stir well and simmer for 10 minutes. Return the chicken and rabbit portions to the pan, together with the peas, prawns, mussels and clams.
6. Cover with a lid (or alternatively, use some foil) and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until the rice is soft and has absorbed the liquid, and the meat and fish are cooked.
7. Serve immediately, garnished with chopped parsley and lemon wedges.
Rate This Recipe