- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 100 g chorizo sausages, thickly sliced
- 4 boneless chicken thighs, each cut into 4
- 600 g paella rice
- 400 ml white wine
- large pinch of strands saffron
- 2 tsp smoked Spanish paprika, (traditional paprika can also be used)
- 2 litres hot chicken stock
- 500 g live mussels, cleaned
- 250 g peeled prawns
- 6 small squid tubes, cut into rings
- black pepper
- 8 large king prawns
- small bunch of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 8 lemon wedges, to serve
1. Heat the olive oil in a large paella or frying pan over a medium heat and gently fry the onion and garlic until softened.
2.Add the chorizo and chicken pieces, cooking until the chicken turns opaque.
3.Stir in the rice for a minute or so until it is coated in the oil, then add the white wine, saffron, paprika and enough stock to cover the rice (about 2/3 of the measured quantity).
4. Stir well and bring to the boil and then turn down the heat and simmer.
5. Cook gently for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the rice sticking to the bottom of the pan. Add some more of the stock if it is being absorbed too quickly.
6. Stir in the mussels, peeled prawns, squid and season with salt and pepper.
7. Arrange the whole prawns on top and pour over the remaining stock. Cover tightly with foil and leave to gently cook for about 8-10 minutes, until the seafood is cooked through and the rice is tender.
8. Sprinkle over the parsley and serve immediately, with the lemon wedges.
Rate This Recipe