- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 100 ml olive oil
- 250 g chicken breast fillets, diced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 red, green or orange pepper, diced
- 250 g paella rice, such as Santo Tomas or Calasparra
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 750 ml fish/seafood stock, you can add a strand of saffron for colour and flavour
- 100 g mixed prepared seafood, e.g. squid, mussels, prawns and clams
- 100 g frozen peas
- lemon wedges, to garnish
1. Heat the oil in a paella pan or frying pan and when hot add the chicken and cook until white.
2. Add the paprika and diced pepper and cook for 1 minute.
3. Turn the heat down and add the rice and garlic. Toast the rice for a couple of minutes, stirring. Once you have added the rice and garlic, stir frequently to avoid burning.
4. Stir in the stock and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Gently stir in the seafood and simmer gently for about 20 minutes until the seafood is cooked, the rice is soft and the liquid has been absorbed.
6. Add the peas and cook for 1-2 minutes.
7. Serve the paella in the pan garnished with lemon wedges around the edge of the pan.
Rate This Recipe