- Serves: makes 16
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 1-2 hours chilling
- Effort: medium
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 1 courgette, finely chopped
- 1 small skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 75 g chorizo, cut into small cubes
- 200 g paella rice
- 550 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- pinches saffron, strands
- 1/2 tsp Spanish smoked paprika
- 6 halves of sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 75 g frozen peas, defrosted
- 100 g frozen cooked small prawns, defrosted
- 1 small handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- fresh flast-leaf parsley, leaves to garnish
- small slices of lemons, to garnish
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan and gently fry the onion for 3-4 minutes, or until softened. Add the pepper, courgette, chicken and chorizo and cook for another 4-5 minutes, or until golden-brown.
2. Stir in the rice to coat in the oil, then add the stock, saffron, paprika and sundried tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the rice is tender and almost all of the stock has been absorbed.
3. Stir in the peas and prawns and heat through for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, stir in the chopped parsley and then remove the pan from the heat, leaving the mixture to cool.
4. Once the mixture is cool, firmly shape into about 16 cakes, flattening them slightly. Place into paper cake cases and chill in the fridge until needed. To serve, garnish the tops with parsley leaves and a slice of lemon.
Rate This Recipe