- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- splash olive oil
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut in chunks
- 1 saddle rabbit, cut in chunks through bone
- 8 unshelled raw king prawns
- 2 garlic cloves
- 8 ripe vine tomatoes, finely diced
- pinch smoked paprika
- pinch sweet paprika
- 750 g - 1kg calasparra rice
- pinch saffron
- 1 litre hot chicken stock
- 100 g frozen peas, defrosted
- 10 tinned snails
- 100 g broad beans, outer layer removed
- 200 g tinned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 30 live mussels
- 20 cherry tomatoes
Tips and Suggestions
You will need a large sized paella pan for this. Otherwise divide the recipe if you are using a smaller pan.
1. Heat a glug of olive oil in a paella pan and sauté the chicken and rabbit bits until lightly golden on all sides. Add the prawns and colour lightly.
2. Add the garlic to the pan along with the chopped tomato and paprika and allow to sizzle in the pan for a second. Then add the rice evenly in a layer and sprinkle over the saffron.
3. Pour over hot stock and shake the pan to disperse (rather than stirring) season. Leave to cook for 1015 minutes gently simmering. Adding more stock if needed.
4. Drop in peas, snails, broad beans, cannellini beans and mussels simmer for 10 minutes, adding a little more stock as you cook if necessary.
5. Place in the cherry tomatoes. Monitor the wetness of paella at all times, adding a little more stock or water if the mixture is becoming too dry.
6. Once the rice is cooked allow to stand and set. The very outside of the paella where it comes into contact with the pan may be a darker colour than the rest this is good.
Rate This Recipe