- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 2 hours 45 minutes plus overnight rising
- Effort: medium
- 100 g rye flour
- 25 g yeast
- 300 ml water
- 400 g plain flour
- 50 g butter, melted
- 12 g salt
- 200 g beaufort cheese
1. Mix the rye flour with 15g of the yeast and 85ml of the water. Whisk for 5 minutes and leave overnight in a bowl.
2. The next day, add the white flour, remaining yeast, butter and remaining water and knead together until the dough softens.
3. Place in a large bowl and leave to rise for an hour.
4. Crumble 150g of the cheese and add to the dough. Shape into a halo. Place onto a lined baking tray and leave to rise for a further hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 210C/7. Cut the remaining cheese into wedges.
6. Make several slashes in the dough on the top and fill with the cheese wedges. Bake for 30 minutes, until risen and golden brown. Cool on a wire rack and serve.
Rate This Recipe