- Serves: Makes 1 loaf
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 3 hrs rising time
- Effort: medium
- 100 g wild mushrooms
- 400 g strong bread flour
- 100 g rye flour
- 1 tbsp salt
- 30 g yeast
- 50 g butter, softened
- 1 large bunch of oregano, destalked and chopped
- 300 ml water
1. Soak the dried mushrooms in warm water for 20 minutes and then roughly chop.
2. Put all the ingredients, except the water into a bowl, then slowly add the water and mix in with your hands until all the flour has been incorporated.
3. Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead for 6 minutes. Put the dough back into the bowl and leave to rise for 2 hours.
4. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Return the dough to the floured surface and shape into a ball, then slightly flatten with your hands and dust with flour. Using a knife, mark out a square shape on top of the dough, put onto a baking try and leave to rise for 1 hour.
5. Set the oven to 220°C/gas 8. Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Rate This Recipe