- Serves: 4-6
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 large round white loaf of bread
- 1 cloves garlic, halved
- 2-3 courgettes, sliced
- 1 small aubergine, sliced
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 ball buffalo mozzarella, torn
- olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp red wine vinegar, or to taste
- 100 g parmesan
- 6 tbsp tapenade
- 1 handfuls Baby spinach leaves
- 10 oven dried tomatoes, halved
- 4 sprigs basil
- whole boiled eggs
Tips and Suggestions
As the scooped out bread is not used for this recipe you can turn it into breadcrumbs and freeze for another time.
1. Cut the top off the loaf to make a little lid, scoop out the soft bread from the inside so that you are just left with a shell. Rub the inside with a halved garlic clove.
2. Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan and then char-grill the courgettes, aubergines and peppers until marked and softened. Place the peppers in a plastic bag and leave for 5 minutes, then peel.
3. Layer the vegetables up inside the bread. Place the mozzarella on top, drizzle over olive oil and red wine vinegar and then place the rest of the ingredients in in layers. You will be slicing the bread once it is ready to eat so keep this in mind when adding the ingredients in layers.
4. Put the lid back on the loaf and wrap tightly in cling film. Place in the fridge and weigh down with something heavy. Leave over night.
5. When you are ready to eat, remove from the fridge and slice with a sharp knife into thick slices or wedges so you display the many layers.
Rate This Recipe