- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 loaf crusty bread, thickly sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 ripe tomato
- Spanish olive oil, to serve
Tips and Suggestions
This classic Catalan dish is eaten at nearly every meal throughout the region. It was originally devised to refresh stale bread and to use up surplus tomatoes.
1. Chargrill the slices of crusty bread and rub the garlic clove over them.
2. Cut the tomato in half and rub one half over the bread to smear the juices.
3. Roughly chop the other half of the tomato and spoon on top of the bread. Drizzle with the olive oil and serve.
Rate This Recipe