- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 large slices sourdough
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 40 g basil, finely chopped (or the herb of your choice)
- 80 g salted butter
- 300 g heritage tomatoes, thinly sliced
- pinch sweet smoked paprika, (optional)
Tips and Suggestions
1. Grill or toast the bread on both sides.
2. In a small blender or by hand, pulse or very finely chop the garlic and the herbs.
3. Melt the butter in a pan and add the herbs and garlic. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Spread the toast with a little of the herby butter then layer on the tomatoes and top with more herby butter. Finish with a sprinkle of sweet smoked paprika.
Love tapas? Take a look at our tapas recipe collection
Rate This Recipe