- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: hard
- 2 heads baby fennel, leaves trimmed
- 6baby carrots
- 4 langoustines, tails
- 250 g mixed shellfish, some shelled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 brill fillet, weighing about 175g each
- 1/2 lemon
- a few flat leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp mashed potato
- 2 tbsp pesto, ideally parsley pesto
- black pepper
For the fish sauce:
- 100 ml fish stock
- 100 ml whipping cream
- 150 ml white wine
- black pepper
1. First make the fish sauce. Heat the stock and cream in separate saucepans. Simmer until reduced by half. Combine in a pan with the wine. Stir over medium-high heat for a few minutes. Season to taste and set aside.
2. Blanch the fennel and carrots in boiling salted water for 1 minute, then drain.
3. Thread the langoustine and fennel onto two wooden cocktail sticks. Set the carrots aside.
4. Reheat the fish sauce if necessary. Add the shellfish and carrots, and simmer over medium heat until the shellfish are cooked through.
5. Heat up a frying pan and add the oil. Season the brill fillets and add them to the pan along with the langoustine and fennel skewers. Fry for 2 minutes each side. Add a squeeze of lemon juice.
6. Warm up the mashed potato. Beat in the parsley pesto. Pipe onto warmed plates.
7. Add a few parsley leaves to the shellfish and carrots. Spoon the mixture around the mash.
8. Place the brill on the mash with a langoustine and fennel skewer to one side. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe