- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 x 4cm thick slices of calves' liver, each 225g
- black pepper
- flour, for coating
- 30 g butter
- a splash good quality balsamic vinegar
- sautéed brussel sprouts and pancetta
- quick-fried green beans with chilli and anchovies
- spinach with lemon and chillies
1. Season the liver well with salt and freshly ground pepper and coat in flour, shake off excess.
2. Heat the butter in a heavy-based frying pan until it foams. Add in the liver slices and fry for 4 minutes until brown.
3. Flip the liver over and fry until browned on the other side.
4. Turn the liver over again, reduce the heat a little and cook for a further 2 minutes.
5. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe