- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the Thai mango salsa
- 1 mango, (about 250g), peeled, stone removed and flesh cut into 1cm dice
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 50 g salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1/4 red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
For the chicken
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- olive oil, for drizzling
Tips and Suggestions
Pan-fried chicken with watermelon and mint salsa:
Prepare and cook the chicken as above but serving it instead with a salsa made from mixing together 200g watermelon, peeled and cut into 1cm dice, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, 1 tablespoon of chopped mint and 50g pine nuts (having toasted these first in a dry frying pan).
1. For the salsa: Place all the ingredients for the salsa in a bowl and mix together, then set aside.
2. For the chicken: carefully cut each breast almost in half lengthways, then open out the two halves like a book. Season each breast with salt and pepper on both sides and drizzle with just enough olive oil to coat it.
3. Place a frying pan or griddle pan on a high heat and allow it to get hot, then add the chicken breasts and cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until the chicken is opaque all the way through. Remove from the pan and serve with the salsa and boiled rice or noodles.
Recipe taken from Rachel Allen's Easy Meals.
Rate This Recipe