- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the duck breast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Barberry duck breast
For the salad
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- mixed salad leaves
For the dressing
- 40 ml olive oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 100 ml Chinese rice vinegar, or Mirin
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- pickled ginger, finely chopped
- black pepper
- 1 tsp caster sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan until smoking.
2. Season the duck breast and add to the pan, skin side down.
3. Cook for 2 minutes. Turn the breast over and cook for a further 2 minutes. Transfer to the oven and cook for 5 minutes. Leave to rest.
4. For the vegetables, heat the oil in a clean saucepan and fry the peppers for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
6. Mix all the ingredients together for the dressing.
7. Toss the vegetables with the salad and beetroot leaves.
8. Add 2 tablespoons of the dressing and toss to coat.
9. Slice the duck breast and divide between 2 serving plates. Arrange the salad next to the duck, drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe