- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus overnight soaking
- Effort: easy
- 200 g duck liver, trimmed
- milk, enough to cover the livers
- 1-2 tsp curry powder
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- dashes of cider vinegar, around 3tbsp
- dashes of apple juice, around 3tbsp
- dashes of rapeseed oil, around 3tbsp
- ½ hispy cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 apples, cores removed, cut into small batons
- 25 g butter
1. Soak the duck livers in a bowl of milk overnight.
2. Remove the livers from the milk and pat dry on kitchen paper
2. Toast the curry powder in a small dry pan for about a minute, or until aromatic. Add the spring onions, stirring well, then add a dash of apple juice, a dash of cider vinegar and a dash of rapeseed oil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and simmer until most of the liquid has reduced.
3. Place the shredded cabbage into a bowl and drizzle over the curried spring onion dressing. Add the apple batons (reserving a few for garnish) and mix well to coat evenly in the dressing.
4. Melt the butter in a frying pan until foaming, season the buck livers with salt and then add them to the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes on both sides, or until golden-brown and still slightly pink in the middle.
5. To serve, pile the cabbage and apple salad onto plates and spoon the duck livers over. Garnish with a few apple batons and drizzle a little more dressing round the plate.
Rate This Recipe