- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red peppers, ut into strips
- 1 large head of fennel
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 90 g black olives
- juice of half a lemons
- black pepper
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a wide frying pan; add the red peppers and fry gently for 4-5 minutes.
2. Finely slice the head of fennel, take off the feathery fronds and save as a garnish. Add the fennel to the pan with the peppers and cook for a further 4 minutes, or until the peppers are tender and the fennel is softening but still crisp.
3. Stir in the garlic, olives and lemon juice and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. If required, the vegetables can be prepared and cooked in advance and reheated when required.
4. Roughly chop the feathery fennel tops, scatter over the hot vegetables and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe