- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 large fresh red chilli, seeds removed, finely sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
For the fish
- 4 firm white fish fillets such as MSC certified cod
- 60 ml olive oil
For the salad
- 15 g coriander leaves
- 12 leaves mint
- 4 small shallots, finely sliced
- 20 mangetout, blanched and finely sliced
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
- 4 lime wedges, to serve
1. For the dressing: stir the sugars and 2 tablespoons of water in a small saucepan over a low heat until the sugars have dissolved. Add the chilli strips and lime juice, then continue to cook over a medium heat until lightly golden. Remove from the heat, add the fish sauce and stir to combine.
2. For the fish: drizzle some olive oil over the fillets, then sprinkle with a little salt and black pepper. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat until hot. Add the fish skin-side down and cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until the fish is cooked, turning just once.
3. For the salad: Toss the coriander and mint leaves, shallots, snow peas and kaffir lime leaves together in a bowl.
4. Serve the fish topped with the green salad. Pour sweet and sour dressing over the top and serve with lime wedges.
Rate This Recipe