- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 hake steaks
- 3 olive oil
- 250 small tomatoes, cherry or plum, chopped
- 3 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 1 caster sugar
- white wine vinegar
- few sprigs of fresh thyme
- handfulchopped coriander
1. Season the fish with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Heat two tablespoons of the olive oil in a frying pan and add the fish, skin side down. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the skin is golden and crisp, and the fish is cooked through.
3. Heat a clean frying pan and add the caster sugar along with a splash of white wine vinegar. Stir until the sugar is melted, then add the chopped tomatoes and spring onions. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the tomatoes have softened slightly. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir in the coriander and thyme leaves.
4. To serve, spoon the tomatoes between four warm plates and place the hake steaks on top.
Rate This Recipe