- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 g butter
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 halibut fillets, each 225g
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 8 slices pancetta
For the peas
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp creamed horseradish
- 1 splashes white wine
- 150 ml double cream
- 0.5 butter, head lettuce, finely shredded
- 350 g garden peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 pinches caster sugar
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter with the olive oil in a frying pan, and fry the halibut fillets and pancetta for 2 minutes on each side, so that the fish takes on some of the lovely pancetta flavour and the pancetta is crisp.
2. Remove the fish and bacon from the pan and make the sauce.
3. To make the sauce melt the remaining butter over a low heat, and add the onion and garlic. Cook until softened but not browned.
4. Add the horseradish and wine, simmer for a minute or two, and then add the cream.
5. Add the lettuce, peas and sugar. Stir and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
6. Simmer for a few minutes more.
7. Place portion of peas, lettuce and sauce in the centre of the plate and top with the halibut and pancetta and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe