- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 55 g butter
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced into rings
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- mint, to garnish
For the honey cream:
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp cream, thickly whipped
For the sauce:
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 4 tbsp pineapple juice
- 30 ml rum, (or any sort of liqueur)
1. First make the honey cream. Stir the honey into the whipped cream and chill.
2. To make the sauce, spread the sugar evenly over the base of a preheated, heavy-based saucepan.
3. As the sugar starts to melt, tilt the pan so that the sugar melts evenly. Once the sugar has turned a medium caramel colour remove the pan from the heat and add the pineapple juice and rum, stirring well. Keep warm until serving.
4. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large, heavy-based frying pan until foaming. Add the pineapple rings and sprinkle with the caster sugar.
5. Fry the pineapple until nicely coloured on both sides.
6. Pile the pineapple rings in stacks on two serving plates. Drizzle the caramel sauce over the pineapple, top each stack with a spoonful of honey cream, garnish with mint and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe