- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- olive oil, for frying
- 450 g pork tenderloin, cut into 2 cm rounds
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 6 small shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced
- handful of sage leaves, finely shredded
- generous splash of lager
- 100 ml crème fraîche
- black pepper
For the potato rosti:
- 1 potato, peeled and grated
- black pepper
- 50 g butter, melted
1. Heat a heavy-based frying pan. Add in the olive oil and heat through. Add in the pork loin and fry until browned on both sides. Remove and set aside.
2. Add in the onion, garlic and shallots and fry, stirring often, until softened and coloured.
3. Return the pork to the pan and add in the apple and sage (reserving a little for garnish). Cook for a minute or so.
4. Add in the lager and cook, stirring the pan to deglaze it. Cool briskly until slightly reduced. Add in the crème fraiche. Cook, stirring often, until the sauce is golden and thick.
5. Meanwhile, season the potato with salt and freshly ground pepper. Mix in the melted butter.
6. Preheat a small, heavy-based frying pan. Spread the potao mixture evenly across the base of the pan. Fry over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes until golden underneath. Turn the rosti over and fry for 2-3 minutes until golden.
7. Place the pork on the rosti and spoon over the apple sauce. Sprinkle with sage and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe