- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
Pan-fried Salmon and Poached Egg
- olive oil, for frying
- 4 salmon, each about 100g
- 4 eggs
- Splash of vinegar, for poaching
- mixed salad leaves, to garnish
For the watercress dressing:
- 3 tbsp tarragon leaves
- 3 tbsp leaves chervil
- 75 g sprigs watercress
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- black pepper
For the balsamic dressing:
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 shallot, very finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- pinch of salt
1. First make the watercress dressing. In a food processor blend together the tarragon, chervil, watercress, salt and wine vinegar into a paste.
2. Add the egg yolks and blend well then gradually add the oil.
3. Blend until emulsified and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Mix together the ingredients for the balsamic dressing, strain and use to dress the salad leaves.
5. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and pan-fry the salmon fillets until just done, around 10-15 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, poach the eggs in a pan of simmering water to which a splash of vinegar has been added. Remove with a slotted spoon.
7. Place the salmon in the centre of each serving plate. Top with a poached egg and spoon over the watercress dressing. Garnish with the mixed salad.
Rate This Recipe