- Serves: 6 as a starter
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 4 leeks, shredded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 115 g butter
- 18 fresh king scallops
- a little flour, for dusting
- juice of 1 lemons
- pinch of sugar
- 6 slices cured ham, such as Carmarthen, Serrano or Parma, cut into ribbons
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- black pepper
- lengths of chives, to garnish
1. Steam or simmer the leeks for 4-5 minutes until tender.
2. Meanwhile cook the scallops. Heat the olive oil and a little of the butter into a heavy-based frying pan. Dust the scallops with flour and season. Sear the scallops in the oil and butter, cooking them for 1 minute each side. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
3. Wipe out the pan with kitchen paper. Add the remaining butter, lemon juice and sugar. Allow to simmer for 1 minute. Then add the ham to the butter and cook for another minute.
4. Remove from the heat and add the scallops and chives.
5. Divide the leeks between each plate, piling them in the centre. Arrange the scallops around the edge, and spoon over the butter and cured ham. Garnish with lengths of chives.
Rate This Recipe