- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the pea salsa
- 100 g frozen peas
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1 handfuls mint leaves
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
For the cabbage
- 100 g Savoy cabbage, finely sliced
- 10 g unsalted butter
- 20 g chorizo, finely sliced and cut into strips
For the celeriac purée
- 1/2 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 25 g butter
- 25 ml double cream
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
For the scallops
- olive oil
- 4 scallops, roes removed
- 2 sprigs chervil
1. To make the pea salsa: cook the peas in a small saucepan of boiling salted water until tender. Combine the drained cooked peas in a food processor with the spring onions, mint, chilli, olive oil and vinegar and blitz for a few seconds. Season to taste and set aside.
2. To make the cabbage: blanch the cabbage for 1 minute in boiling salted water, then drain and refresh under cold running water. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a heavy-based frying pan. Add the chorizo cook until the spiced fragrant oil releases, then add the blanched cabbage and cook for a further 5-10 minutes. Season to taste and set aside in a warm place.
3. To make the celeriac purée: simmer the celeriac and potato in a pan of salted water. When the celeriac is tender, drain it thoroughly and let stand for a couple of minutes. Mash with a potato masher until smooth, then stir in the butter, cream and parsley, and season to taste. Place the celeriac purée in a piping bag and set aside in a warm place.
4. To make the scallops: heat a frying pan with a little oil until hot. Season the scallops with salt and pepper, place in the pan and cook briefly on both sides taking care not to overcook them. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
5. To serve, pipe the celeriac purée in the centre of two serving plates. Cut the scallops in half and arrange them on top of the celeriac. Place the cabbage neatly in the centre and spoon over the pea salsa. Garnish with the chervil.
Rate This Recipe