- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 x 200 g sea bass
- 4 large langoustines, whole
- 100 g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 small basil
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, for frying
- salt and black pepper
For the red pepper dressing
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 red peppers, seeds removed, finely diced
- 1 medium courgette, finely diced
- 75 ml olive oil
- 1 unwaxed lemon, zest and juice
- pinches salt
- pinches cayenne pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5.
2. Halve the langoustines lengthways and remove clean.
3. Mix the butter with two-thirds of the basil and season well.
4. Spread half the basil butter over the langoustines, reserving the rest for the sea bass. Put the langoustines on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 8 minutes - until the shell has coloured and the flesh is tender.
5. Heat the vegetable oil in a non-stick frying pan, season the sea bass fillets and fry on the flesh side for 1 minute. Turn the fillets and fry over a medium heat for about 5 minutes on the skin side, until crisp. Once cooked, turn over again and add the last of the basil butter to the pan.
6. Turn off the heat and let the butter melt and the sea bass rest for a couple of minutes. While the sea bass is cooking, make the pepper dressing.
7. For the red pepper dressing, sweat the garlic and diced peppers in the vegetable oil for 3-4 minutes until soft. Tip in the courgette and cook for a further 2 minutes.
8. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and remaining basil. Season with salt and cayenne pepper, before spooning onto 4 plates. Arrange the sea bass and langoustines on top and spoon over the basil butter from the pan. Serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe