- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2x400 g soft shell crabs or 6 king prawns
- cornflour, for dusting
- 3-4 tbsp sesame oil
- 200 g ginger, finely sliced
- 4 spring onions, snapped in half
- 200 ml shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp finely shredded ginger
1. If using crabs, halve them between the eyes with a sharp knife. Dust the cut sides with cornflour and set aside. If using prawns, leave them whole.
2. Heat the sesame oil in a wok. Add the ginger, cover with a lid and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the spring onions and cook for a further 5-6 minutes to release the flavours into the oil.
3. Add the prawns or crab halves to the wok, floured-side down, with the Chinese wine. Cover with the lid and cook for 3-10 minutes, depending on size. Remove the crabs or prawns from the pan, leaving behind the ginger and spring onions.
4. Mix the red wine vinegar and ginger together to make a dipping sauce to serve with the seafood. Eat with your fingers.
Rate This Recipe