- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 skate wings
- 75 g salted butter
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- tbsp extra-fine capers
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped parsley
1. Set the oven to 200C/Gas 6. Heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan and add the skate wings. Fry for 1-2 minutes on each side, until golden.
2. Transfer the fish to the oven and roast for 6-7 minutes, until tender.
3. Remove the fish to serving plates and keep warm.
4. Melt the butter in the pan over a high heat until the it begins to brown.
5. Add the vinegar, capers, lemon juice and chopped parsley. Pour the brown butter sauce over the skate and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe