- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 trout fillets
- 1 pinches black pepper
For the dressing
- 2 slices white bread
- 4 tbsp milk
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 175 g walnuts, shelled
- 1 lemons, juice and zest
- 150 ml olive oil, virgin
For the salad
- 2 tbsp butter
- 50 g bread, cubed
- 1 tbsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 150 g radicchio
- 50 g walnuts
- 100 g French beans, lightly cooked
- 100 g broad beans, blanched and peeled
- 5 g flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g parmesan shavings
1. Melt the butter with the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the trout fillets, skin side down for 2-3 minutes. Turn and cook the other side for a further 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. To make the dressing, tear the bread into chunks and place in a blender with the milk.
3. Add the garlic, walnuts and lemon. Add the olive oil and whiz to form a paste. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Set the oven to 180°C/gas 4. To make the salad, melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the bread cubes until golden. Stir in the rosemary and then transfer the mixture to a small roasting pan and bake for 5 minutes or so, until crunchy.
5. Place the radicchio, walnuts and the beans into a bowl and add the dressing.
6. Add the parsley, stir in the croutons and mix well.
7. Divide the salad equally amongst the plates, top with the trout fillets, drizzle with olive oil and top with shaved Parmesan. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe