- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 8 scallops, with their corals
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 75 g baby spinach
- 25 g pine kernels, toasted until golden in a dry frying pan or in the oven
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest, finely grated
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
1. To prepare the scallops; if the scallops have been frozen, let them sit on kitchen paper, to absorb any moisture. Wash the scallops and dry them. Cut off the corals and put them with the scallops. With your fingers, remove any brown membrane from around the scallops, and then slice the scallops in half horizontally. Keep chilled until needed.
2. To make the dressing; mix the olive oil and lemon juice in a bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Heat a grill pan or frying pan, (non-stick if possible) until very hot.
4. Drizzle the scallops with the olive oil and toss, then season with a small pinch of salt and pepper. Place on the hot grill pan or frying pan and cook until golden on each side, about 2 minutes.
5. Place the spinach in a bowl and drizzle with just enough dressing to coat lightly.
6. Place the spinach on the serving plates.
7. Take the pan off the heat and transfer the scallops to sit on or beside the spinach.
8. Sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts and the lemon zest and serve straightaway.
Image credit: Rachel's Favourite Food for Friends Published by Gill & Macmillan, Dublin
Rate This Recipe