- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus cooling and chilling
- Effort: medium
- 1 1/2 sheets leaf gelatine
- 500 ml double cream
- 220 g caster sugar
- 2 vanilla pods, split
- 1 punnet of strawberries
- 1/2 bottle of champagne
1. Place the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water. Leave to soak for 5-10 minutes until soft. Remove from the bowl, and squeeze out any excess water with your hands.
2. Pour the cream into a saucepan. Stir in 70g of the sugar and the vanilla pods. Bring almost to the boil, before placing the pan over a bowl of ice cubes.
3. Stir in the soaked gelatine, and continue to stir until it has dissolved. When it has cooled, strain the cream into 4 ramekins.
4. Cver and leave in the fridge for about 1 1/2 hours,until set.
5. Pour the Champagne into a saucepan and add the remaining 150g of sugar. Bring to the boil then pour over the strawberries in a bowl. Leave to cool.
5. Unmould the panna cotta onto serving plates. Decorate with the strawberries and pour over a little of the juice.
Rate This Recipe