- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: medium
For the pancakes:
- 1 egg, medium size
- 150 ml milk
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 65 g plain flour
For the coulis:
- 450 g fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 200 ml fresh orange juice
1. First make the pancakes. Break the egg into a jug and add the milk and half a tablespoon of oil and whisk together.
2. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and gradually beat in the egg mixture to make a smooth batter.
3. Heat a 17.5cm thick-based frying pan and wipe some of the oil all over the pan. Pour a quarter of the batter into the pan, swirling around to spread the batter. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the batter is set and golden on the base.
4. Flip over and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Place the pancake on a sheet of greaseproof paper. Repeat the process to make a further 3 pancakes. Thinly slice the pancakes in strips.
5. For the coulis, place the raspberries in a saucepan with the brown sugar and simmer for 5 minutes until the raspberries break up to make a sauce. Set aside to cool.
6. Meanwhile, place the caster sugar, butter and orange juice in a frying pan and heat gently until the sugar to dissolves then bring to the boil. Boil for 3-4 minutes until quite syrupy.
7. Add the strips of pancake and stir into the sauce; cook for 1 minute.
8. To serve, spoon the raspberry coulis onto 4 chilled serving plates and top with scoops of ice cream. Then spoon over the pancake tagliolini. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe