- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 175 g pancetta, chopped or in lardons, or leftover ham
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 225 g risotto rice, preferably Riso Gallo Carnaroli
- 1/2 wineglass dry white wine
- 900 ml chicken stock
- 175 g frozen peas, defrosted
Tips and Suggestions
Pancetta is salty, so you may not need to add salt when seasoning to taste.
1. Place the pancetta in a non-stick pan over medium heat and cook until crisp. Drain on kitchen paper and leave to one side.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the onion and garlic until softened but not brown. Add the rice and stir to coat well. Pour over the wine and bubble until absorbed, stirring with a wooden spoon.
3. Add a ladle of stock and continue stirring over medium heat until absorbed. Add pancetta to the pan with next ladleful and continue stirring until absorbed. Season and continue adding stock until the rice is just tender and creamy you might not need to use all the stock.
4. Stir in the peas and add the final ladle of stock, stirring until absorbed and the peas are cooked.
Want to try out another flavour? Try one of top 10 risotto recipes
Rate This Recipe