- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 chicken breasts
- 12 very fine slices pancetta
- 24 sage leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salad leaves, to serve
For the dressing:
- 8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp finely chopped parsley
- black pepper
1. Cut the chicken breasts lengthways in half.
2. Lay the pancetta slices on a clean work surface, overlapping them in 4 groups of 3 slices each.
3. Place 3 sage leaves on top of each overlapped pancetta group. Place the chicken on top of the sage leaves, then top the chicken with 3 more sage leaves.
4. Wrap the pancetta around the chicken and sage leaves.
5. In a heavy-based frying pan heat the olive oil. Add the pancetta-wrapped chicken parcels, seam-side down and fry until browned.
6. Turn the chicken parcels over and brown on the other side. Reduce the heat and fry the chicken parcels, turning them often using two forks, until the chicken has cooked through, around 15 minutes.
7. Meanwhile make the dressing. Place all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk with a fork until the dressing thickens slightly.
8. Remove the bocconcini from the frying pan and drain on kitchen paper. Arrange on a plate with some salad leaves and pour the cider vinegar dressing over.
Rate This Recipe