- Serves: 16
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 16 dates
- 16 cocktail sausages
- 16 sage leaves, optional
- 16 slices pancetta, or thinly sliced smoked streaky bacon
- dashes of olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. Slice the dates horizontally, open them up, and remove the stones. Place a cocktail sausage inside each date, and fold the date around.
3. If you are using sage leaves, place a leaf on top of each sausage.
4. Wrap a piece of pancetta around each date. Sit on a lightly oiled baking tray and bake for about 12-15 minutes, until they are golden and crisp. Turn half-way through cooking to ensure an even colour.
5. Remove from the oven and serve with cocktail sticks.
Rate This Recipe