- Serves: 8-10
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 kg pork fillet
- 2 handfuls chopped mixed herbs, such as parsley, tarragon, chives
- 20 very thin slices pancetta
- ground nut or vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 6.
2. Fold the tail end of each pork filet back over itself to make a uniform barrel-shape. Season the fillets, then cut each of them into individual portions, making sure you keep the folded-over piece intact. Roll each piece in the herbs so they're covered.
3. Lay down 2 overlapping slices of pancetta, then sit a piece of pork crossways on top and wrap it up, smoothing the joins with your hands - the fat will hold everything in place.
4. Heat a heavy frying pan over a medium heat. Add a little oil and when it's very hot, fry the pork parcels in several batches, turning to colour them on all sides and seal the pancetta wrapper. Transfer them to a wire rack and set in a roasting tin.
5. Roast the pork for 10-12 minutes then turn and roast for a further 10-12 minutes. Leave them to rest for 5-10 minutes. Just before serving, cut each piece in half at a wide angle.
Rate This Recipe